Frequently Asked Questions
How is Vedic Astrology different to Zodiac Astrology?
Vedic Astrology (also known as Jyotish or Hindu Astrology) is different from the astrology horoscopes you may be used to from the magazines as it is far more precise as it also takes the nodes of the moon (Rahu and Ketu) into account. See What Is Vedic Astrology? for more details.
Our Vedic Astrology charts and compatibility reports are created by Parashara's Light - a leading Vedic Astrology software program that has been used by Vedic Astrologers for over 20 years.
How is the Eastern approach to dating different to the Western approach?
In the West, we all love that magic that happens when we meet someone and there is an instant attraction. But the sad fact is that often it doesn’t last. Maybe it’s time to try a different approach?
With the Eastern approach, you get to know the person you match with astrologically over time. Your two souls gradually become friends and the attraction also builds. You don’t judge a book by its cover. You get to know the soul first and magnetism comes later as the love grows between you.
How does the Compatibility Club work?
- Join (Register) and let us know your birth details and selection criteria.
- Then we approve your application and send you a link so you can log in and select your level of membership and pay for it.
- We compare your chart with members already in the club that meet your selection criteria and find you a great Vedic Astrology match. We start by looking at members that live near you, but we search further afield if necessary. If we don't find you a match, we refund the monthly membership fee at the end of each month until we do. But you will still receive all membership benefits (see below) and we will continue to try and find a match for you.
- We email you the Match details with a link to see more details like their photos. Then you can decide if you want to spend some of your Love Money to communicate with them (if they feel the same way). See below for details on what Love Money is. If you have selected the Platinum level of membership, we arrange for an online video meeting with your potential match to verify they are the person shown in their photos, before you communicate with them.
- Once you both decide you are happily matched, we can provide a free bonus Muhurta for an auspicious time for you both to get married!
What does it cost to join the Compatibility Club?
- Silver – receiving $10 a month of Love Money ($7.99 a month)
- Gold – receiving $20 a month of Love Money ($9.99 a month)
- Platinum – receiving $30 a month of Love Money ($14.99 a month) and having each match personally verified before you communicate with them.
Plus a sign-up fee (non-refundable) of $19.99. This allows us to enter your birth details in our system and to create a Vedic Astrology Chart which will be used to compare against other members that meet your selection criteria, so we can find you a great match. See below for details on what Love Money is. See How Does It Work? above for details on other membership benefits.
So for an extra $2 a month, you are getting $10 more Love Money. For an extra $7 a month, you are getting $20 more Love Money.
Note: After the sign-up fee is paid, your monthly membership will be refunded at the end of each month until we find you a match.
What benefits are included in Compatibility Club membership?
You will receive:
- Your Vedic Astrology Chart
- A weekly customized newsletter explaining a different aspect of your chart (starting in May 2018)
- A monthly Vedic Astrology report on the transits of the planets and their effects
- A set amount per month of Love Money (see below for more details on Love Money). The amount varies depending on the level of membership (see Cost below for further details).
What can I spend my Love Money on?
You can spend $10 of your Love Money to:
- communicate with a match that wants to communicate with you via a private page we set up for you
- have a 10 minute anonymous online meeting (you can choose whether you display your video or not)
- having us send a romantic physical card to your match with your message inside.
Note: If you don’t use your Love Money in a month, it accumulates. You can also buy additional Love Money if you need it.
How do we decide if its a great Vedic Astrology match?
We have a sophisticated system which takes into account:
- the traditional Jyotish compatibility reports (Ashta-Koota System, Dashkoota - Kalaprakasashika System, and BV Raman System), and with advice on your strengths as a couple
- Bhakoot Dosha and whether it exists and if it does, what type it is and whether it is cancelled
- Mars - Kuja Dosha and whether it exists and if it does, whether it is cancelled.
We only consider it a good match if a score of at least 21 out of 36 is achieved for the Ashta-Koota System (and ideally also in the BV Raman System) and 24 out of 44 for the Kalaprakasashika System. Kuja Dosha must be cancelled and the only acceptable type of Bhakoot Dosha is one that is 5-9 and only if the couple are past the stage of having children. Our criteria are stringent because we want you to only bother meeting people that are an excellent match for you.
Some Jyotishis say that if you are both going to be going through the same bad periods at the same time, then it is not a good match. But we feel this shows a lack of understanding of Jyotish as there is no such thing as a "bad period". All influences have a purpose (e.g. we can't all be rushing forward all the time, sometimes we need to consolidate). And if you are going through the same challenges as your partner, it can help you to relate to what they are feeling.